On October 25, 2019, Kurt E.S. Okraku became the newest President of the Ghana Football Association.
He held off competition from 5 other candidates: George Afriyie, Fred Pappoe, Nana Yaw Amponsah, Amanda Clinton, and George Ankomah Mensah to win the biggest job in Ghana.
But which other people have held the position of the Ghana FA boss? Below is the list of people who have run Ghana football in times past.
- OHENE DJAN (1957-1960)
- H.P. NYEMETEI (1960-1966)
- NANA FREDUA MENSAH (1966-1970)
- HENRY DJABA (1970-1972)
- MAJOR GEN. R.E.A KOTEI (1972-1973)
- COL. BREW GRAVES (1973-1975)
- GEORGE LAMPTEY (1975-1977)
- MAJ. O.O. ASIAMAH (1977-1979)
- I.R. ABOAGYE (1979)
- SAM OKYERE (1979-1980)
- S. K. MAINOO (1980-1982)
- ZAC BENTUM (1982-1983)
- L. ACKAH-YENSU (1983-1984)
- L.T.K. CAESAR (1984)
- E.O. TEYE (1984-1986)
- AWUAH NYAMEKYE (1990-1992)
- JOE LARTEY (1992-1993)
- SAMUEL NANA BREW-BUTLER (1993-1997)
- ALHAJI M.N.D. JAWULA (1997-2001)
- BEN KOUFIE (2001-2004)
- NYAHO-TAMAKLOE (2004-2005)
- KWESI NYANTAKYI (2005-2019)
Okraku will run the Ghana FA for the next four years and will be tasked with repairing Ghana football after the events of the Anas “Number 12” documentary that aired in June 2018.