Paa Kwesi Fabin has been named as the new head coach of Ghana’s Under 23 side the Black Meteors.
He replaces Ibrahim Tanko who was axed when the technical teams were dissolved by the Ghana Football Association (GFA).
Akapko Patron has been named as Fabin’s assistant with Ben Owu appointed as goalkeepers’ trainer.
Former coach Tanko’s appointment as Meteors boss was widely praised.
However, with a place at next year’s Olympics at stake, the Meteors fell to the Ivory Coast and South Africa on penalties.
This led to Sammy Osei Kuffuor describing the side as the worst team Ghana has ever taken to a tournament.
Fabin has led the Black Starlets, whom we guided the team to the final of the 2017 African U-17 Championships in Gabon, and also to the quarter-finals of the U-17 World Cup in India.
He also had two stints at Kumasi Asante Kotoko.
Other members of the technical team are:
- Andrew Ayim – Team Doctor
- Albert K. Evedzi – Physiotherapist
- Ablade Kumah – Welfare Officer
- Emmanuel Opoku – Equipment Officer.
The GFA has also named a Management Committee for the Black Meteors as follows:
- Frederick Acheampong – Chairman
- Frederick Moore – Vice Chairman
- Frederick Boateng – Member
- George Aforklenyuie – Member
- Nana Adu Abankro Acheampong – Member