The 2019/20 season in Europe’s top leagues has been particularly trying for Ghanaian players.
Despite some great performances from some players, generally, success has been limited for the nation’s exports.
It’s the area of goalscoring, in particular, that the stats don’t look good. However, some Ghanaian players appear to have perfected the art of goalscoring.
Well, not so much perfected as got the knack of knocking them in when it counts.
The Ayews are not exactly tearing things up in England but this season has been momentous for them – especially Andre Ayew – in terms of goals.
With 10 goals in the Championship, Andre is Ghana’s best poacher in Europe. His brother, Jordan is also having a great season at Crystal Palace, with six goals so far.
Over in Spain, Thomas Partey and Karim Salisu have a goal each.
Here’s a list of Ghanaian goalscorers in Europe’s top five leagues so far this season
- Andre Ayew (Championship – Swansea) 26 matches – 10 goals
- Jordan Ayew (Premier League – Crystal Palace) 23 matches – 6 goals
- Jeff Schlupp (Premier League – Crystal Palace) 14 matches – 2 goals
- Albert Adomah (Championship – Middlesbrough) 22 matches – 2 goals
- Kasim Nuhu (Bundesliga – Fortuna Dusseldorf) 11 matches – 1 goal
- Alfred Duncan (Serie A – Sassuolo) – 13 matches – 1 goal
- Kevin-Prince Boateng (Serie A – Fiorentina) 14 matches – 1 goal
- John Boye (Ligue 1 – Metz) 16 matches – 1 goal
- Andy Yiadom (Championship – Reading) 18 matches – 1 goal
- Thomas Partey (La Liga – Atletico Madrid) 18 matches – 1 goal
- Salisu Karim (La Liga – Real Valladolid) 20 matches – 1 goal