The five-week-old Ghana Premier League season enters its sixth matchweek today. Each of the 18 teams in the league has found the net at least once – in the case of Eleven Wonders, only once.
While a lot of the attention has gone to the goalscorers, it is the players behind these goals that make the teams tick.
The season might still be in its infancy but some players in the league have already shown that they have an eye for the final pass.
Aduana Stars are this season’s goal leaders, having scored nine in five so it’s no surprise that one of their players, Isaac Kwain, is joint top of the assists table.
Alongside him is Kumasi Asante Kotoko’s Songne Yacouba, who also has three assists. Only four players have more than one assist so far this season.
Take a look at the assist leaders in the Ghana Premier League so far
- Isaac Kwain (Aduana) – 3 assists
- Sogne Yacouba (Asante Kotoko) – 3 assists
- Agyenim Boateng (Medeama SC) – 2 assists
- Charles Mensah (Bechem United FC) – 2 assists
- Yahaya Mohammed (Aduana) – 1 assist
- Maxwell Arthur (Dreams FC) – 1 assist
- Emmanuel Ocran (Dreams FC) – 1 assist
- Prince Opoku Agyemang (Medeama) – 1 assist
- Kwadwo Asamoah (Bechem United) – 1 assist
- Kojo Obeng Jnr. (Hearts of Oak) – 1 assist