The opposition party, National Democratic Congress has launched their 2020 manifesto ahead of the upcoming December elections.
The manifesto was themed, “Jobs, Prosperity, and More: The People’s Manifesto.”
The NDC manifesto, which was put together by 21 persons within the NDC is divided into six key areas: fixing the economy, promoting human development, providing infrastructure for growth, providing decent jobs, good governance, and corruption, and deepening international relations and foreign affairs.
In the sports sector, we picked out the top 10 things to look out for:
- Develop specific Sports Centres of Excellence in the three geographical zones of Ghana
- Develop a strategic framework for the construction of stadia in all districts across the country to scout for sports talents
- Upgrade the Winneba Sports College into a state-of-the-art Sports University with campuses in selected regions to enhance the human resource base and development of sports in the West African sub-region to provide opportunities for training and capacity building in sports management and administration as well as sports management and science.
- Continue and complete the New Edubiase Stadium started by the NDC Government
- Establish sports recreational facilities in communities in every district.
- Use the Sports Development Fund to assist the Sports Associations to provide and improve remuneration and welfare of local sportsmen and women
- Establish a Sports Development Fund to promote sports in Ghana
- Facilitate tax exemption/relief regimes to motivate private sponsorship and promotion of sports in the country.
- Revive and invest in the inter-schools and college games.
- Promote and develop Beach Soccer