Brazil’s soccer legend Pele, 79, is set to leave hospital after recovering from an operation to remove a tumour from his colon, his daughter Kely said on Wednesday.
She did not specify when he would leave the Albert Einstein hospital in Sao Paulo on Thursday, but the Estado de Sa Pauli newspaper stated that his discharge would take place on Wednesday.
“I’m going back home now that he’s stronger and leaving the hospital to continue recovering and treating himself at home,” Pele”S U.S.-based daughter stated on Instagram.
During Kely’s almost month long-stay in hospital, she has used social media to post popular news about her father, as well as videos of his recovery.
On September 4, the former Santos, Brazil, and New York Cosmos player, 80, had the operation after abnormalities were discovered during a routine medical.
He was in and out of the hospital’s Intensive Care Unit in the days following, but he has recovered well since entering a private room.
On October 23, Pele, the only man to win three World Cup winner’s medals as a player, will turn 81.
He has suffered a number of health difficulties in the last decade, including with his hip, and he cannot walk without assistance.
His public appearances were already being cut prior to the COVID-19 epidemic, and since then, he has made few unnecessary choices outside his house near Santos.
Pele later denied that his son Edinho told his father was depressed last year, and his mother said that he was unwell.
Kely and her sister Flavia posted videos of the global celebrity cheery, singing, playing cards, and smiling for their cameras.