The Ghana Athletics Association has released its list of athletes for the upcoming Commonwealth Games in Birmingham.
The 14 athletes will compete in 7 different events with the majority competing in the sprints.
The team includes the national record holders in the Men’s 100m, men’s 200m, women’s high jump, and women’s long jump.
The GAA has also entered athletes in both the men and women’s 4x100m relay events.
The athletes are part of a broader team encompassing other sports such as boxing, swimming and other disciplines, that will represent Ghana at the multi-sport event scheduled for January 28-8 August, 2022.
The athletes and their disciplines are as follows:
- Benjamin Kwaku Azamati – 100m, 200m, 4x100m relay
- Joseph Paul Amoah – 100m, 200m, 4x100m relay
- Sean Safo Antwi – 100m & 4x100m relay
- Isaac Botsio – 4x100m relay
- Barnabas Agerh – 4x100m relay
- Alex Amankwa – 800m
- Mary Boakye – 4x100m relay
- Latifa Ali – 4x100m relay
- Halutie Hor – 4x100m relay
- Gifty Oku Kwakyewaa – 4x100m relay
- Deborah Acquah – long jump & 4x100m relay
- Abigail Kwarteng – High Jump
- Rose Amonimaa Yeboah – High Jump
- Martha Bissah – 1500m & 800m
COACHES AND OFFICIALS