The Ghana Football Association (GFA) recently announced that the window for clubs to register and sign players for the 2022/23 league season opens on Friday, July 1, 2022.
The registration window for clubs in the Ghana Premier League, Division One League and Women’s Premier League officially opens at 00:01 on Friday, July 1, 2022 and closes on Monday, August 15 at 23:59.
However, the GFA also released a list of rules that clubs hoping to register players for the next campaign must adhere to.
The rules range from the documents required for a player to be registered, how payment must be done and which players will be eligible for registration.
1. All queries for 2021/2022 season on the club’s dashboard when vetted after July 1, 2022 will revert to 2021/2022 season and therefore clubs will have to renew the registration of the players again for the 2022/2023 season.
2. Payment of registration licenses must be made before applications are submitted for vetting otherwise such applications shall not be vetted and shall be rejected in the system.
3. Wrong, fake, unreadable documents in their application, SHALL be rejected in the system.
4. The GHANA CARD shall be the only proof of identity for registration both renewals, transfers and new registration.
5. All transfers both domestic and international must be done in the TMS before registration can be completed in the registration system.
6. Clubs are to ensure that they check the player’s name in the system, before registering a player as a new player and taking full responsibility and consequences for the new registration.
7. Club that refuses to release an amateur player to the new club, the GFA shall release the amateur player to the new club to ensure smooth registration of such a player.
8. Club that refuses to counter instruct a transfer request in the DTMS when there is a transfer agreement, the player involved will be declared free and all the benefits in the transfer agreement will be nullified.