• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
Sunday, August 23, 2026
Citi Sports Online
  • Home
  • News
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Local Football
  • Ghana Premier League
  • Livescores
  • Sports Panorama
  • Videos
  • World Cup
  • AFCON
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Local Football
  • Ghana Premier League
  • Livescores
  • Sports Panorama
  • Videos
  • World Cup
  • AFCON
No Result
View All Result
Citi Sports Online
No Result
View All Result

Boxer Emmanuel Tagoe discovers 14 year old son isn’t his child after DNA test

Fentuo Tahiru by Fentuo Tahiru
September 14, 2018
Reading Time: 2 mins read

Former IBO Lightweight Champion, Emmanuel “Game Boy”, Tagoe says he is scandalized after DNA results proved that a son he had been fathering for 14 years is not his.

The Ghanaian boxer was dragged to an Accra Circuit Court by one Ms. Diana Otoo, mother of the child, citing neglect of paternal duties.

The 29 year old claims he had always felt suspicious of a conspiracy by the family of the woman who, he says plotted to siphon monies from him.

Tagoe insisted he had always paid GH¢500 as monthly stipend for the upkeep of his supposed son but the family insisted he pays more.

Speaking to Saddick Adams Obama on Atinka TV’s Sports Court show, Tagoe said the lady’s family had taken him through hell, and only wanted to damage his reputation through blackmail.

“These people have really made me suffer. If not for my mum, I would have done this DNA test long ago but anytime I mentioned, she insisted I accept the child”.

“I was paying GH¢500 a month but they could come out anytime and take money that the child was sick. Already, I was taking care of the child but I was shocked when they started demanding more money”.

“They even demanded that I send the child to the same school where Asamoah Gyan’s children were schooling but I didn’t have that kind of money”.

In July 2018, the family of Ms Otoo contacted Atinka FM’s Sports Court show with documents from DOVVSU and an Accra Court indicating that Tagoe was supposed to pay them an amount of money but has refused.

Tagoe however decided for a DNA test, of which the result proved he was not the biological father.

“I was very sure that this boy was not mine but my mum had gagged me. We were young when I was playing ‘Pilolo’ with the girl. We were just standing and I had sex with her. I didn’t even ejaculate but her family came home later to say the girl is pregnant for me”.

The court asked me if I can sue them for damages but I have left everything to God. Everything I gave to the child, I won’t take it back. He deserves it, not the mother”.

“The most important thing is that, now I am free”.

Tagoe is the next sports personality to have experienced this after former Black Stars International, Nii Odartey Lamptey, also found out that the three children he had fathered with his wife were not his biological children after 20 years of marriage.

He eventually divorced the wife after a heated legal tussle and remarried, and gave birth with his new wife.

–

Source: Atinka TV

Previous Post

Two Ghanaians shortlisted for coaching programme in the UK

Next Post

Bolt enters space race in zero gravity sprint

Related Posts

KANSAS CITY, MISSOURI - JULY 03: Ghana players pose for a team photograph before the FIFA World Cup 2026 Round of 32 match between Colombia and Ghana at Kansas City Stadium on July 03, 2026 in Kansas City, Missouri. (Photo by Luke Hales/Getty Images)
AFCON

GFA in talks to appoint next Black Stars coach

August 22, 2026
Anthony Joshua gestures towards Tyson Fury (not pictured) after the Heavyweight fight between Tyson Fury and Arslanbek Makhmudov (Photo by Richard Pelham/Getty Images for Netflix)
Boxing

Boxing: Fight against Anthony Joshua likely not to happen- Tyson Fury

August 21, 2026
Samson Deen
News

Constituency Games will take Mahama’s Reset Ghana sports agenda to every community – Samson Deen

August 19, 2026
Football

“I like challenges” , Eric Tinkler embraces Asante Kotoko challenge

August 18, 2026
Football

Karela United challenge FIFA transfer ban over outstanding debt to Sana Camara

August 18, 2026
Photo Courtesy: NSA
News

André Ayew backs next generation through Constituency Games

August 19, 2026
Anthony Joshua during the Anthony Joshua v Kristian Prenga (Photo by Mark Robinson/Matchroom Boxing/Getty Images)
Boxing

Frank Warren confident Anthony Joshua vs Tyson Fury blockbuster will go ahead

August 17, 2026
2026 WAFCON

“He knows Africa” — Stanley Menzo backs Eric Tinkler appointment as Asante Kotoko head coach

August 17, 2026
Load More
Next Post

Bolt enters space race in zero gravity sprint

RSS Citi Podcasts

Citi Sports Online

© 2024 Citi Sports Online

  • Home
  • News
  • Football
  • Ghana Premier League
  • Livescores
  • Sports Panorama
  • Videos
  • World Cup
  • AFCON

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Local Football
  • Ghana Premier League
  • Livescores
  • Sports Panorama
  • Videos
  • World Cup
  • AFCON

© 2024 Citi Sports Online