• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
Tuesday, May 19, 2026
Citi Sports Online
  • Home
  • News
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Local Football
  • Ghana Premier League
  • Livescores
  • Sports Panorama
  • Videos
  • World Cup
  • AFCON
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Local Football
  • Ghana Premier League
  • Livescores
  • Sports Panorama
  • Videos
  • World Cup
  • AFCON
No Result
View All Result
Citi Sports Online
No Result
View All Result

Crystal Palace reject £40m bid from Man Utd for Wan-Bissaka

Edwin Kwakofi by Edwin Kwakofi
June 10, 2019
Reading Time: 2 mins read

Manchester United had an opening bid worth in excess of £40m for Aaron Wan-Bissaka rejected by Crystal Palace this month and are weighing up whether or not to make an improved offer for the England Under-21 international.

Wan-Bissaka enjoyed an eye-catching first full season in senior football in 2018-19 after graduating through the south London club’s academy, excelling at right-back and making 39 appearances in all competitions. The 21-year-old, originally a winger, is currently preparing for the summer’s European Under-21 Championships in Italy and San Marino, with United having earmarked him as part of a radical revamp of their backline.

The sizeable opening offer was apparently tabled by United at the beginning of the month and rejected immediately by Palace. Wan-Bissaka is contracted at Selhurst Park through to 2022 with neither player nor club in any great rush to move on. It remains to be seen whether an offer closer to £60m might yet be considered more seriously.

“I am with Crystal Palace at the moment,” said the full-back earlier this month. “That is where my contract is and that is where I will be next season. I have got three [years] left on my contract. It says I am going to be there, so that is all I can focus on now.”

United are seeking to bolster Ole Gunnar Solskjær’s options after a hugely disappointing end to the season in which they tailed off after a promising start under the Norwegian’s management and eventually missed out on qualification to the Champions League.

They have released Antonio Valencia among 14 players who are out of contract this summer, and are seeking to strengthen significantly across their defence after conceding 54 Premier League goals last season. They are close to securing the Wales winger, Daniel James, from Swansea City after having a fee that could rise to around £18m accepted by the Championship club.

Palace have been braced to field interest in their Ivory Coast winger Wilfried Zaha, who has made clear his desire to play in the Champions League. Yet they value Zaha, who is contracted to 2023, as high as £100m and would not countenance losing both him and Wan-Bissaka over the summer.

Source: Guardian
Previous Post

Who Takes Over From NC? Analysis of Aspirants’ Strengths,Weaknesses

Next Post

Kwesi Appiah names final 23-man squad

Related Posts

Neymar of Santos looks on during the Brasileirao 2025 match (Photo by Ricardo Moreira/Getty Images)
Football

Marcelo celebrates Neymar’s inclusion in Brazil World Cup Squad [VIDEO]

May 19, 2026
Joao Pedro of Chelsea celebrates with the Premier League Player of the Match award and the match ball after scoring a hat trick after the Premier League match between Aston Villa and Chelsea (Photo by Alex Pantling/Getty Images)
Football

“Frustrations are part of football”- Joao Pedro after getting dropped for Brazil’s World Cup

May 19, 2026
Neymar of Santos celebrates after the second goal of his team by Adonis Frias (not in frame) during a match between Santos and Bragantino  (Photo by Miguel Schincariol/Getty Images)
Football

“Neymar will be important for us at the World Cup”- Carlo Ancelotti

May 19, 2026
Photo Courtesy: Getty Images
Premier League

Arsenal 1-0 Burnley: Havertz header keeps Gunners in title hunt

May 18, 2026
Musician Kofi Kinaata
Black Stars

Kofi Kinaata calls for fair selection ahead of Black Stars World Cup squad announcement

May 18, 2026
Minister for Sports and Recreation, Kofi Adams
News

Kofi Adams rejects claims of poor feeding at African Senior Athletics Championships

May 18, 2026
Closing ceremoney of 2023 Accra African Games
News

Police failed to justify GH¢35.8m 2023 African Games bill – LOC chair tells PAC

May 18, 2026
Jonas Adjei Adjetey of VfL Wolfsburg is seen during the Bundesliga match between VfL Wolfsburg and Hamburger SV at Volkswagen Arena on March 07, 2026 in Wolfsburg, Germany. (Photo by Fabio Deinert/Getty Images)
Football

Jonas Adjetey’s Wolfsburg to play Bundesliga Relegation Playoff on May 21

May 18, 2026
Load More
Next Post

Kwesi Appiah names final 23-man squad

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

RSS Citi Podcasts

Citi Sports Online

© 2024 Citi Sports Online

  • Home
  • News
  • Football
  • Ghana Premier League
  • Livescores
  • Sports Panorama
  • Videos
  • World Cup
  • AFCON

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Local Football
  • Ghana Premier League
  • Livescores
  • Sports Panorama
  • Videos
  • World Cup
  • AFCON

© 2024 Citi Sports Online