• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
Monday, May 18, 2026
Citi Sports Online
  • Home
  • News
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Local Football
  • Ghana Premier League
  • Livescores
  • Sports Panorama
  • Videos
  • World Cup
  • AFCON
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Local Football
  • Ghana Premier League
  • Livescores
  • Sports Panorama
  • Videos
  • World Cup
  • AFCON
No Result
View All Result
Citi Sports Online
No Result
View All Result

French prosecutors seek trial for Karim Benzema over sextape scandal

July 4, 2020
in Football, News

French prosecutors on Thursday asked for ex-national team star and Real Madrid footballer Karim Benzema to face trial on charges of involvement in an alleged attempt to blackmail fellow player Mathieu Valbuena over a sex tape almost five years ago.

Prosecutors in Versailles outside Paris told AFP they want Benzema tried on charges of complicity in attempted blackmail over the incident in 2015.

RelatedPosts

Medeama seal second GPL title with 5-2 victory over Heart of Lions

Calvert-Lewin’s late strike gives Leeds dramatic win over Brighton

Sunderland move closer to UEFA Conference League with comeback win at Everton

Four others should also face trial, they said, but not former Liverpool and French international Djibril Cisse who had previously been implicated in the probe.

It is now up to the court to decide if a trial should take place and fix a date for the process to begin.

Benzema is suspected of encouraging his former teammate in the France team Valbuena to pay blackmailers who threatened to make the intimate video public.

According to the prosecution, Benzema evoked the existence of the video to Valbuena while the French team was preparing in October 2015 for a friendly match against Armenia in Nice.

Benzema contends all that took place was a simple and friendly conversation to warn his international team-mate that such a tape existed.

Valbuena, however, alleges that there was the implication he had to pay to keep it out of the public sphere.

Benzema was indicted and briefly detained in November 2015 just before France was the next year to host the Euro 2016 football championship.

He has never since added to his 81 appearances for France and insists he is innocent. Valbuena, who played 52 times for the national side, has also never since played for France.

Cisse had been the first to inform Valbuena that the video existed but insists he was simply warning the footballer.

Source: www.france24.com
Tags: Karim BenzemaMathieu Valbuena
Previous Post

Anderlecht extend Ghanaian striker Dauda Mohammed’s loan deal at Esbjerg

Next Post

I can get my boots and training stuff easily with YEA support-Faustina Kyeremeh

Related Posts

Photo Courtesy: Medeama sc X
Ghana Premier League

Medeama seal second GPL title with 5-2 victory over Heart of Lions

May 17, 2026
Dominic Calvert-Lewin of Leeds United celebrates scoring his team's first goal during the Premier League match between Leeds United and Brighton & Hove Albion at Elland Road on May 17, 2026 in Leeds, England. (Photo by Nathan Stirk/Getty Images)
Premier League

Calvert-Lewin’s late strike gives Leeds dramatic win over Brighton

May 17, 2026
Enzo Le Fee of Sunderland scores the second goal for his team  and dons a Spiderman mask in celebration during the Premier League match between Everton and Sunderland at Hill Dickinson Stadium on May 17, 2026 in Liverpool, United Kingdom. (Photo by Ian Horrocks/Sunderland AFC via Getty Images)
Premier League

Sunderland move closer to UEFA Conference League with comeback win at Everton

May 17, 2026
Bruno Fernandes-Manchester United
Premier League

Bruno Fernandes equals PL assist record in Manchester United win over Nottingham Forest

May 17, 2026
Former Black stars Captain Asamoah Gyan
Football

GFA names Asamoah Gyan Ambassador for National Teams and Colts Football

May 17, 2026
Xabi Alonso. Photo by Maciej Rogowski/Eurasia Sport Images/Getty Images
Premier League

“We want to win trophies”, Xabi Alonso sets Chelsea target

May 17, 2026
Cole Palmer and Reece James of Chelsea after their sides 1-0 defeat during the Emirates FA Cup Final match between Chelsea and Manchester City (Photo by Robin Jones/Getty Images)
Football

Reece James calls for stability after Chelsea’s FA Cup Final defeat

May 16, 2026
Antoine Semenyo of Manchester City celebrates after he scored for 0-1 during the Emirates FA Cup Final match between Chelsea and Manchester City (Photo by Shaun Brooks - CameraSport via Getty Images)
Football

“It is a good finish, I can’t lie”- Antoine Semenyo on FA Cup winning goal [VIDEO]

May 16, 2026
Load More
Next Post

I can get my boots and training stuff easily with YEA support-Faustina Kyeremeh

RSS Citi Podcasts

Citi Sports Online

© 2024 Citi Sports Online

  • Home
  • News
  • Football
  • Ghana Premier League
  • Livescores
  • Sports Panorama
  • Videos
  • World Cup
  • AFCON

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Local Football
  • Ghana Premier League
  • Livescores
  • Sports Panorama
  • Videos
  • World Cup
  • AFCON

© 2024 Citi Sports Online