Former Manchester United winger, Ryan Giggs has appeared at Manchester crown court to deny all the charges against him. , with a ten-day trial scheduled for January 24 next year.
Giggs, the most decorated player in Manchester United’s history, is accused of headbutting Kate Greville, his former girlfriend, and subjecting her to a period of domestic abuse lasting over three years while they were a couple.
The particulars of the alleged offence are:
- messaging her, and/or blocking her, when she was on nights out with others
- threatening to send emails to her friends and employers about their sexual relationship and behaviour
- throwing her and her belongings out of his house when she questioned him about his relationships with other women
- at the Stafford hotel in London kicking her in the back, then throwing her out of the hotel room, naked, followed by throwing her bag at her, when she accused Giggs of flirting with other women.
- sending constant unwanted messages and making constant unwanted calls to her and her friends when she tried to break off the relationship
- after she tried to break off their relationship, regularly turning up unannounced at her home, workplace and gym.
The trial scheduled for January 24 2022 and is expected to last 10 days