Manaf Nurudeen and Edmund Addo have joined the Black Stars camp in Doha to prepare for the TotalEnergies Africa Cup of Nations.
The duo joined the team’s training at the Aspire Academy grounds to increase the number of players at camp from twelve to fourteen.
Richard Attah, Lawrence Ati-Zigi, Alexander Djiku, Mubarak Wakaso, David Abagna, Daniel-Kofi Kyereh, Gideon Mensah, Abdul Fatawu Issahaku, Maxwell Abbey Quaye, Jonathan Mensah, Joseph Paintsil and Benjamin Tetteh were the nine players to kickstart the preparations for the Africa Cup of Nations with Coach Milovan Rajevac.
The first training was held indoors on Sunday, December 26, before the team stepped out onto the pitch on Monday for fieldwork at the Aspire Stadium in Doha.
As per the schedule released by the Ghana Football Association days ago, Coach Milovan Rajevac will be announcing the final list of players for the Africa Cup of Nations to be hosted in Cameroon from January 9, 2022, to February 6, 2022.
Multiple reports suggest that Mohammed Kudus of Ajax and AS Roma’s starlet, Felix Ohene Afena-Gyan will be the only absentees from the final squad to represent Ghana next month in the continental competition.
GHANA SCHEDULE IN DOHA – QATAR
- Team open camp on December 22, 2021
- First Friendly match against a club side – December 28, 2021
- Second friendly match against AFCON bound country – January 1, 2022
- Third friendly against Algeria – January 5, 2022
- Departure to Cameroon – January 7, 2022
- Submission of the final squad – December 30, 2021