The Ghana Football Association (GFA) has announced that players who do not possess a Ghana Card will not be registered for the 2022/23 season.
The GFA recently announced that the window for clubs to register and sign players for the 2022/23 league season opens on Friday, July 1, 2022.
Premier League, Division One League and Women’s Premier League will have the opportunity to register their players and make transfers at the start of the month.
The window closes in the middle of August.
The registration window officially opens at 00:01 on Friday, July 1, 2022 and closes on Monday, August 15 at 23:59.
However, one requirement for clubs to be able to register their players for next season is the Ghana Card.
The country is currently looking to integrate all systems and cards digitally, and, for the government, the Ghana Card is central to those efforts.
And according to the GFA, the Ghana Card will be “the only proof of identity for registration; renewals, transfers and new registrations.”
This requirement is one of eight rules put in place for the registration window ahead of the new season
1. All queries for 2021/2022 season on the club’s dashboard when vetted after July 1, 2022 will revert to 2021/2022 season and therefore clubs will have to renew the registration of the players again for the 2022/2023 season.
2. Payment of registration licenses must be made before applications are submitted for vetting otherwise such applications shall not be vetted and shall be rejected in the system.
3. Wrong, fake, unreadable documents in their application, SHALL be rejected in the system.
4. The GHANA CARD shall be the only proof of identity for registration both renewals, transfers and new registration.
5. All transfers both domestic and international must be done in the TMS before registration can be completed in the registration system.
6. Clubs are to ensure that they check the player’s name in the system, before registering a player as a new player and taking full responsibility and consequences for the new registration.
7. Club that refuses to release an amateur player to the new club, the GFA shall release the amateur player to the new club to ensure smooth registration of such a player.
8. Club that refuses to counter instruct a transfer request in the DTMS when there is a transfer agreement, the player involved will be declared free and all the benefits in the transfer agreement will be nullified.