Chelsea manager Xabi Alonso says Enzo Fernandez is fully focused on preparing for the new Premier League season despite continued transfer interest from Manchester City.
Fernandez’s future at Stamford Bridge remains uncertain, with City yet to make a bid for the Argentina international, who is valued at around £120m by Chelsea.
Speaking ahead of Chelsea’s Premier League opener against Fulham on Monday, Alonso praised Fernandez’s attitude in training but stopped short of confirming whether the midfielder had told him he intends to remain at the club.
“Enzo is a Chelsea player. He’s a top, top player. He’s training really well since he started 10 days ago with the team, very integrated,” Alonso said.
“We’re happy with him and he’s getting ready for Monday.”

When asked directly whether Fernandez had told him he wanted to stay at Chelsea, Alonso avoided giving a clear answer.
“He’s training really well, good attitude and that’s what we want. He’s trying his best to prepare for the kick-off of the Premier League,” he added.
Alonso also expressed satisfaction with Chelsea’s transfer business so far, saying the club had made what he believes are the right decisions in strengthening the squad.
“I’m really happy. I think we’ve made many right choices. Good balance in terms of quality, personality, maturity, different stages of career. We are in a good position,” he said.









