The Ghana Football Association has indefinitely postponed five Premier league matches.
The suspension is due to the 2020 elections slated for December 7, as well as Asante Kotoko SC and AshantiGold’s involvement in the 2020/21 CAF Inter club competitions.
Asante Kotoko secured an important 1-1 draw against Mauritanian side FC Nouadhibou in the first leg of the CAF Confederation Cup preliminary round on Sunday, while Ashantigold were held to a drab 0-0 draw at home to Burkinabe side FC Salitas.
Both teams will play the return leg on December 4.
Below are the games that have been postponed.
- Aduana Stars FC vs Accra Hearts of Oak – Week 1
- Asante Kotoko SC vs Accra Great Olympics FC– Week 3
- AshantiGold SC vs King Faisal FC – Week 3
- Medeama SC vs Asante Kotoko SC – Week 4
- Bechem United FC vs AshantiGold SC – Week 4
The GFA says a new date would soon be announced for the fixtures.