With the international break set to end, club football returns and investors have the opportunity to earn some cash through Betway’s Pick 5.
Lionel Messi’s blockbuster move to PSG and Cristiano Ronaldo’s return to Manchester United has made Ligue 1 and the Premier League more attractive to fans worldwide.
In this week’s Pick 5, we take a look at some tight battles in Ligue 1 and the Premier League with the opportunity to earn GHS 25,000.
On Friday, FC Lorient will host Lille in matchday 5 of the competition. The two teams have experienced undulating starts to the campaign, winning just one of their first four games. Lorient (7th) are only above Lille (10th) on goal difference thus far.
On head-to-head basis, Lille has been the better team over the last five games, winning three and losing two. The two teams have averaged 2.4 goals over those five meetings.
Lille have a win probability of 46% on Betway and Lorient have a win probability of 26%. Burak Yilmaz will be depended on by Lille to find the net. The Turkish forward has netted two goals so far.
On Sunday, OGC Nice will travel to FC Nantes for a chance to win their third game in a row. Nice (4th) has earned seven points from three games, winning two and drawing once. Nantes (12th), in comparison, have won just once in their last four.
Nice have been unbeaten in five matches against Nantes, winning two and drawing three. 2.4 goals have been averaged in that period. Nice have a win probability of 41% whilst Nanteshave 30% according to Betway. Kasper Dolberg will be under the spotlight, having scored three goals for Nice so far this season.
On Saturday, Brentford will host Brighton and Hove Albion, Southampton will welcome West Ham United to Saint Mary’s and Watford will lock horns with Wolverhampton Wanderers in a goal rush.
Brentford have experienced a relatively good start to promotion, earning five points in three games. Brighton have earned one more point albeit they have lost once so far. In their last five meetings, the Bees have won two and lost one.
Brighton have 35% win probability and Brentford have 34% with a draw pinned at 31% according to Betway. Neal Maupay, having scored two so far will hope to find the net once again for the Seagulls.
Southampton have experienced a poor start to the campaign, failing to win any of their first three games (D2 L1). West Ham, in comparison, are just two points behind first placed Tottenham with seven points. West Ham have not lost to Southampton in five meetings (W4 D1).
West Ham have a 41% win probability, Southampton have 32% and a draw is 27% according to Betway. Michail Antonio has started brightly this campaign, scoring four goals and will be a huge threat for the Hammers.
Wolves go into the game desperate for a result after losing all three games in the league so far. They are also yet to score a goal. Watford, in comparison, have won a game so far. Watford have won three of their last five meetings with Wolves (W3 L2). Wolves have a 41% chance of winning this tie whist Watford have 29%.
10th September: FC Lorient v Lille OSC
11th September: Brentford v Brighton & Hove Albion
11th September: Southampton v West Ham United
11th September: Watford v Wolverhampton Wanderers
12th September: FC Nantes v OGC Nice