• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
Saturday, May 23, 2026
Citi Sports Online
  • Home
  • News
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Local Football
  • Ghana Premier League
  • Livescores
  • Sports Panorama
  • Videos
  • World Cup
  • AFCON
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Local Football
  • Ghana Premier League
  • Livescores
  • Sports Panorama
  • Videos
  • World Cup
  • AFCON
No Result
View All Result
Citi Sports Online
No Result
View All Result

‘Money No Be Problem’: The 5 players Manchester City plan to sign this summer

Fentuo Tahiru by Fentuo Tahiru
July 14, 2020
Reading Time: 2 mins read

Manchester City are reportedly plotting a major summer overhaul after their Champions League ban was overturned.

Monday’s news that the Court of Arbitration for Sport has accepted their appeal against alleged Financial Fair Play breaches is said to have served as a green light to proceed with some serious spending.

Pep Guardiola is hoping to close the gap to Liverpool by beefing up his defence after feeling the impact of individual errors in their title defeat this year.

Therefore as many as three purchases could be made at centre-back and left-back.

According to the Telegraph, the coach’s frustration with Benjamin Mendy is tempting him towards a bid for Ben Chilwell.

The Leicester star is wanted by Chelsea and Manchester United with City described as pondering their own approach.

At the very least, remaining in the mix could force their rivals – as the Eastlands club managed when Harry Maguire cost United £85million last summer.

City’s failure to capture a new central defender like Maguire was criticised throughout their failed title defence and Guardiola could be out to make up for lost time this summer.

It is reported that Kalidou Koulibaly is a major target, rated by Napoli at upwards of £75million.

On top of that, a younger second signing may be made in the position to replace John Stones, were the England international to leave.

Among the names touted for City are Caglar Soyuncu, Nathan Ake, Benfica’s Ruben Dias, Inter Milan star Milan Skriniar, Borussia Dortmund’s Dan-Axel Zagadou and Pau Torres of Villarreal.

That would significantly bolster Guardiola’s options with the club said to be doubting Barcelona’s ability to launch a significant bid for Eric Garcia.

Leroy Sane and David Silva’s exits will also require attention in the summer market.

The club’s coffers were boosted by around £55m with the German’s move to Bayern Munich, and £389m arrived via private equity firm Silver Lake’s November investment.

Monday’s overturned ban should also make City at least £200m if they can go far in the Champions League in the coming seasons.

That should provide enough funds to sign a winger to replace Sane, with Kai Havertz revealed by SunSport to be a target amid rumours about Jack Grealish and Saul Niguez.

Reportedly rounding off the transfer spree could be another striker to complement Sergio Aguero and Gabriel Jesus.

Out of contract in 12 months’ time, the Argentine forward has previously vowed to consider a move back to South America.

City may be tempted buy his replacement ahead of time to allow an adaptation period before the new man goes head-to-head with Jesus in 2021/22.

Source: The Sun
Previous Post

“An expensive David Luiz”: Fans mock Harry Maguire for marking his own player [VIDEO]

Next Post

See lovely strike by Caleb Ekuban against Denizlispor [VIDEO]

Related Posts

Bruno Fernandes of Manchester United applauds the fans as he celebrates victory during the Premier League match between Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur (Photo by Carl Recine/Getty Images)
Football

Bruno Fernandes beats Semenyo, Declan Rice to win EPL Player of the Year Award

May 23, 2026
Photo credit: GFA
Black Stars

GFA confirms June 1 date for Black Stars World Cup squad announcement

May 23, 2026
Football

MTN FA Cup: Winners are motivated to excel in Confederation Cup- Wilson Arthur

May 23, 2026
PUEBLA, MEXICO - MAY 22: Brian Gutierrez (L) and Erik Lira (R) of Mexico fight for the ball with Majeed Ashimeru (C) of Ghana during the international friendly match between Mexico and Ghana at Estadio Cuauhtemoc on May 22, 2026 in Puebla, Mexico. Photo by Luis Cano/Jam Media/Getty Images
Black Stars

Ghana suffer 2-0 loss to Mexico ahead of World Cup

May 23, 2026
Cristiano Ronaldo celebrates after winning Saudi Pro League Title Photo Courtesy: Al-Nassr
Football

Cristiano Ronaldo tops Athletes’ Rich List for fourth straight year

May 22, 2026
Pep Guardiola, Manager of Manchester City, celebrates after Nico Gonzalez (not pictured) scored the team's second goal during the Emirates FA Cup Semi Final match between Manchester City and Southampton (Photo by Michael Regan - The FA/The FA via Getty Images)
Premier League

“What a time we’ve had together”- Pep Guardiola confirms Man City exit [VIDEO]

May 22, 2026
England's German head coach Thomas Tuchel (R) speaks to England's midfielder #10 Jude Bellingham as he prepares to enter the pitch (Photo by PAUL ELLIS/AFP via Getty Images)
Football

England 2026 World Cup Squad decisions was down to “who we trust”- Thomas Tuchel

May 22, 2026
Cole Palmer of Chelsea reacts during the Emirates FA Cup Final match between Chelsea and Manchester City (Photo by Marc Atkins/Getty Images)
Football

2026 World Cup: Alexander-Arnold, Cole Palmer omitted; Noni Madueke, Jordan Henderson named in England Squad

May 22, 2026
Load More
Next Post

See lovely strike by Caleb Ekuban against Denizlispor [VIDEO]

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

RSS Citi Podcasts

Citi Sports Online

© 2024 Citi Sports Online

  • Home
  • News
  • Football
  • Ghana Premier League
  • Livescores
  • Sports Panorama
  • Videos
  • World Cup
  • AFCON

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Local Football
  • Ghana Premier League
  • Livescores
  • Sports Panorama
  • Videos
  • World Cup
  • AFCON

© 2024 Citi Sports Online