• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
Tuesday, May 19, 2026
Citi Sports Online
  • Home
  • News
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Local Football
  • Ghana Premier League
  • Livescores
  • Sports Panorama
  • Videos
  • World Cup
  • AFCON
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Local Football
  • Ghana Premier League
  • Livescores
  • Sports Panorama
  • Videos
  • World Cup
  • AFCON
No Result
View All Result
Citi Sports Online
No Result
View All Result

NSA not in charge of Borteyman Sports Complex-NSA Director

Julio Ashirifi Amoah by Julio Ashirifi Amoah
May 19, 2026
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A drone shot of the Borteyman Sports. Constracta UK

A drone shot of the Borteyman Sports. Constracta UK

Western Regional Director of the National Sports Authority, Cephas Flemming, has revealed that the Borteyman Sports Complex remains under the control of the Ministry of Sports and Recreation and not the NSA.

His comments come amid growing public scrutiny surrounding the current condition and utilisation of the multi-purpose facility, which reportedly cost $145,086,057.54 to construct.

The complex, built as part of preparations for the 2023 African Games hosted in Ghana, has recently generated debate over its management structure and long-term operational plans.

Speaking to Citi Sports, Flemming dismissed suggestions that the NSA is responsible for running the facility, insisting that the ministry has maintained control of the complex since its completion.

Borteyman Sports Complex when it was inaugurated . Photo Courtesy: Gen Buhari X

“Borteman is being run by the ministry. We are not in charge of Borteyman. The NSA is not in charge of Borteman. Because when I was sent there, the ministry said no. They will not allow us to run the place,” he said.

“So, I was called back. So, it is the ministry that is running Borteman from day one that Mr. Yaw Ampofo Ankrah took over.”

Flemming further disclosed that the NSA had already prepared operational and commercial plans aimed at maximising the use of the facility, but those proposals are still awaiting approval from the ministry.

According to him, reports and strategic proposals had been submitted through NSA Director-General Yaw Ampofo Ankrah to the ministry for consideration.

“I wrote reports about Borteyman, submitted to my director general, Yaw Ampofo Ankrah that which was onwardly submitted to the ministry. We developed a plan as to how to run Borteman for commercial and sport purpose,”

“All these plans and the reports have been submitted to the ministry. We are waiting for the ministry to tell us, yes, we’ve gone through your report and your plans. We are handing over the place to you as NSA to take over and run.”

The revelation adds another layer to ongoing discussions about the management and sustainability of major sports infrastructure developed for the African Games in 2023

Black stars-Borteyman-nsa
Sports and Recreation Minister, Kofi Adams

Questions have increasingly been raised over how facilities such as the Borteyman Sports Complex will be maintained and commercially utilised in the long term to justify the significant public investment made into the project.

Flemming’s comments now appear to clarify that the authority to make those decisions currently remains with the Ministry of Sports and Recreation rather than the National Sports Authority.

Previous Post

Ghana drawn with Côte d’Ivoire, Gambia and Somalia in 2027 AFCON qualifiers

Related Posts

Joao Pedro of Chelsea celebrates with the Premier League Player of the Match award and the match ball after scoring a hat trick after the Premier League match between Aston Villa and Chelsea (Photo by Alex Pantling/Getty Images)
Football

Joao Pedro named Chelsea Player of the Year after World Cup Snub

May 19, 2026
Dr Congo qualify for 2026 World Cup
Football

US Ebola travel restrictions cast uncertainty over DR Congo’s 2026 World Cup hopes

May 19, 2026
Neymar of Santos looks on during the Brasileirao 2025 match (Photo by Ricardo Moreira/Getty Images)
Football

Marcelo celebrates Neymar’s inclusion in Brazil World Cup Squad [VIDEO]

May 19, 2026
Joao Pedro of Chelsea celebrates with the Premier League Player of the Match award and the match ball after scoring a hat trick after the Premier League match between Aston Villa and Chelsea (Photo by Alex Pantling/Getty Images)
Football

“Frustrations are part of football”- Joao Pedro after getting dropped for Brazil’s World Cup

May 19, 2026
Neymar of Santos celebrates after the second goal of his team by Adonis Frias (not in frame) during a match between Santos and Bragantino  (Photo by Miguel Schincariol/Getty Images)
Football

“Neymar will be important for us at the World Cup”- Carlo Ancelotti

May 19, 2026
Photo Courtesy: Getty Images
Premier League

Arsenal 1-0 Burnley: Havertz header keeps Gunners in title hunt

May 18, 2026
Musician Kofi Kinaata
Black Stars

Kofi Kinaata calls for fair selection ahead of Black Stars World Cup squad announcement

May 18, 2026
Jonas Adjei Adjetey of VfL Wolfsburg is seen during the Bundesliga match between VfL Wolfsburg and Hamburger SV at Volkswagen Arena on March 07, 2026 in Wolfsburg, Germany. (Photo by Fabio Deinert/Getty Images)
Football

Jonas Adjetey’s Wolfsburg to play Bundesliga Relegation Playoff on May 21

May 18, 2026
Load More

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

RSS Citi Podcasts

Citi Sports Online

© 2024 Citi Sports Online

  • Home
  • News
  • Football
  • Ghana Premier League
  • Livescores
  • Sports Panorama
  • Videos
  • World Cup
  • AFCON

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Local Football
  • Ghana Premier League
  • Livescores
  • Sports Panorama
  • Videos
  • World Cup
  • AFCON

© 2024 Citi Sports Online