• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
Monday, May 18, 2026
Citi Sports Online
  • Home
  • News
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Local Football
  • Ghana Premier League
  • Livescores
  • Sports Panorama
  • Videos
  • World Cup
  • AFCON
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Local Football
  • Ghana Premier League
  • Livescores
  • Sports Panorama
  • Videos
  • World Cup
  • AFCON
No Result
View All Result
Citi Sports Online
No Result
View All Result

I serve God only: Dogbe shuts down juju reports

Benjamin Nketsia by Benjamin Nketsia
May 4, 2020
Reading Time: 2 mins read

Former WBO Super Bantamweight world champion Isaac Dogbe has moved to clear the air regarding reports that he lost his belt to Mexican Navarette due to a decision by his camp to meddle with black magic.

The 25 year old succumbed to two defeats in the space of 5 months at the Madison square Garden, first on December 8, 2018 and then on May 11, 2019 via a 12th round technical knockout.

His camp at the time blamed the defeats on a lack of focus on preparation as Dogbe’s high demand at the time led to numerous public engagements.

However, in a more recent interview granted by his long time trainer and father Paul Dogbe  on Joy FM, he stated that the attempt to reconstruct certain family relics had cost his son the world title and that the loss was also predicted by a man of God.

‘We were bringing a stool that had not come back to his throne yet.When you are repairing these things certain ritual have to be performed and we had not done all that.

But the prophet told me that things would not go well. I told my son that the juju people said we were going to knock Navarette out in round two but the prophet said that could not be.” Paul Dogbe stated.

The former champion believes the words of his father were taken out of context and did not represent the situation in its entirety.

“An interview was granted last week and I feel certain words were misconstrued and the interview was misinterpreted to a certain extent.

“I can understand why the media has used a certain narrative to sell their stories but I want to make this very clear.

“I Isaac Dogbe have no association with any fetish priest.

“I have never consulted any fetish priest to help me win any fight because I have always accredited my wins to God alone, so it doesn’t make sense that I will go to a fetish priest and consult him to help me win a fight.

“God has been with me from the beginning through all my victories and through my defeats.

“I believe in prayer and I pray to God for victory and in addition also I ask the holy servants of God to pray on my behalf in the lead up to my fights.

“These rumours as ridiculous as they are, have caused a lot of embarrassment to myself,my family,my friends and those I am associated with.

“I have no desire to worship a deity because I believe in the one and only true God,” a solemn Dogbe explained.

The former champion has since his defeats to Navarette made his education his major focus with reports still rife that he has plans to move up in weight class.

 

 

Previous Post

Sixty-Three (63): Every player Kotoko signed under Kwame Kyei

Next Post

Drogba assured us Ivory Coast ‘will win World Cup’ if he’s elected FA President – Club Official

Related Posts

Antoine Semenyo-Manchester City-Chelsea-FA Cup
News

Antoine Semenyo scores winner as City lift FA Cup

May 16, 2026
President of GOC Richard Akpokavie and Minister for Sports Kofi Adams
News

Ghana Olympic Committee raises alarm over funding shortfall ahead of 2026 Commonwealth Games

May 16, 2026
President of Ghana Olympic Committee (GOC), Richard Akpokavie
News

GOC warns of $100,000 refund as OlympAfrica project stalls in Amasaman

May 16, 2026
Screenshot
African Seniors Athletics Championships

Ghana Athletics boosted with new kits ahead of African Championships in Accra

May 8, 2026
Carlos Queiroz-Black stars-Mexico
News

Inside Carlos Queiroz’s first Black Stars squad – Message, Meaning and the Bigger Picture

May 7, 2026
Football

Hasaacas Ladies receive donation from Betika following league Silver finish

May 6, 2026
GFA President Kurt Okraku. Photo credit: GFA
News

Kurt Okraku describes injuries to key Black Stars players as worrying

May 2, 2026
FIFA president Gianni Infantino and CAF president Patrice Motsepe
News

CAF backs Gianni Infantino for FIFA re-election ahead of 2027 vote

April 30, 2026
Load More
Next Post

Drogba assured us Ivory Coast 'will win World Cup' if he's elected FA President - Club Official

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

RSS Citi Podcasts

Citi Sports Online

© 2024 Citi Sports Online

  • Home
  • News
  • Football
  • Ghana Premier League
  • Livescores
  • Sports Panorama
  • Videos
  • World Cup
  • AFCON

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Local Football
  • Ghana Premier League
  • Livescores
  • Sports Panorama
  • Videos
  • World Cup
  • AFCON

© 2024 Citi Sports Online