• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
Thursday, August 20, 2026
Citi Sports Online
  • Home
  • News
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Local Football
  • Ghana Premier League
  • Livescores
  • Sports Panorama
  • Videos
  • World Cup
  • AFCON
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Local Football
  • Ghana Premier League
  • Livescores
  • Sports Panorama
  • Videos
  • World Cup
  • AFCON
No Result
View All Result
Citi Sports Online
No Result
View All Result

‘I can’t wait to race there’ – Joe Paul Amoah reacts to Baba Yara’s newly-marked tartan tracks

Edwin Kwakofi by Edwin Kwakofi
September 29, 2021
Reading Time: 2 mins read

Joseph Paul Amoah, who was a semi-finalist in the men’s 200m at the Tokyo Olympics has said he is ecstatic about the progress of work at the Baba Yara Sports Stadium.

Amoah was also part of Ghana’s 4x100m relay team which reached the final in Tokyo and says he can’t wait to race in front of Ghanaians after the National Sports Authority (NSA) announced that the running tracks at the stadium had been marked for athletics events.

Responding to the NSA’s tweet confirming the marking of the tartan tracks, Amoah said: “Love this! Can’t wait to compete in front of home fans.. see you soon”

Love this! Can’t wait to compete in front of home fans.. see you soon 🇬🇭❤️🙏🏿 https://t.co/YSrmKSr9OJ

— Joseph Amoah, OLY (@JAmoah_20) September 29, 2021

The stadium was closed in February 2020 after the ground had fallen into complete disrepair.

Despite assurances from the NSA boss, Professor Peter Twumasi that it would be ready by March and the Sports Minister, Mustapha Ussif who predicted a return in July, the stadium remains closed to sporting activity.

The Black Stars who usually played competitive home matches at that ground have had to switch to the Cape Coast Stadium for recent games.

Kumasi Asante Kotoko also had to find alternative home grounds for the whole of last season, playing at the Accra Sports Stadium and the Len Clay stadium.

However, it appears that the Baba Yara might be available for use again very soon.

The NSA tweeted photos of the tartan tracks, stating that they had been “marked for athletics” in line with IAAF standards.

This news will not only be of interest to the teams that play there but also the country’s athletes who could finally have a national track for their events.

Previous Post

#Donkomi: Bechem United sign Paul Kwei Jnr from Accra Young Wise

Next Post

Sports Minister Mustapha Ussif honoured by ANOCA

Related Posts

Samson Deen
News

Constituency Games will take Mahama’s Reset Ghana sports agenda to every community – Samson Deen

August 19, 2026
Football

“I like challenges” , Eric Tinkler embraces Asante Kotoko challenge

August 18, 2026
Football

Karela United challenge FIFA transfer ban over outstanding debt to Sana Camara

August 18, 2026
Photo Courtesy: NSA
News

André Ayew backs next generation through Constituency Games

August 19, 2026
2026 WAFCON

“He knows Africa” — Stanley Menzo backs Eric Tinkler appointment as Asante Kotoko head coach

August 17, 2026
Football

Collins Ntiful set to make Ghana Premier League debut with Karela United

August 17, 2026
2026 WAFCON

WAFCON 2026: Malawi may have lost the final, but they leave with their heads held high – Pius Asack writes

August 17, 2026
Football

NSA Inaugurates Resource Mobilisation and Partnership Committee, names Samson Deen as chair

August 14, 2026
Load More
Next Post

Sports Minister Mustapha Ussif honoured by ANOCA

RSS Citi Podcasts

Citi Sports Online

© 2024 Citi Sports Online

  • Home
  • News
  • Football
  • Ghana Premier League
  • Livescores
  • Sports Panorama
  • Videos
  • World Cup
  • AFCON

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Local Football
  • Ghana Premier League
  • Livescores
  • Sports Panorama
  • Videos
  • World Cup
  • AFCON

© 2024 Citi Sports Online